Sunday, 22 January 2017

not a creepy book but I am OBSESSED






Sonya Sones knows how to melt your heart, even a cold, horror-loving, heart like mind. And trust me, that says a lot. She knows how to warm you, touch you, in exactly the right moments when you least expect it and adorably so without trying too hard. The characters were very real and Sones flawlessly captured the sweet naïve voice of a teen girl discovering herself as well as the many victories and confusions involving relationships. Typically a fan of darker books, I never expected to gush over such a cute girly little book. But What My Mother Doesn't Know has reminded me to never underestimate the power of good writing no matter the subject. Shockingly, I found this romantic ride very thrilling, and there were definitely many laugh out loud parts. My heart was literally racing alongside with the protagonist's as I genuinely felt like an innocent young girl falling in love for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mistress of Spices: A book you gotta read

A must read! Lush with lyrical life, hope, and earthy words, this is a must read I'm glad I've got my hands on! "Tilo, the ...