Monday, 22 August 2016

3/5 stars. I tried my very best to like Amanda Hocking's Wake. The whole siren thing to me is a bit new so I was intrigued for a hot minute but then the book lost its spark. I don't really know what to say... but where was the detail to pull you in? Where was the passion? The writing was mediocre at best and the story was predictable. Things felt rushed and scenes were plain. It felt more like an outline for a book than an actual novel. Was this one of the novels Hocking wrote in a week? If so then it has earned its three stars because then that might explain why it was written so poorly. Sorry Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Book Release in 24 hours!

Kirsten and Ally were meant for each other They go on a mission to kill Kirsten’s ex-lover They enter one night, the lavish home ...